June 21, 2008

Chapter 1 (Winter Splendor)

冬栄 [とうえい] Touei (winter splendor)

"Winter Splendor" might be better described as a long footnote to The Shore in Twilight. The story takes place during chapter 14, and provides some additional background about Renrin, the Royal Ren, and the Kingdom of Ren.

The Minister of Earth, or Daishito (大司徒), is in charge of the census (specifically the allocation of farm allotments), tax collection, flood control, mapmaking, and the administration of lands under direct Imperial control.

Labels: ,

Comments
# posted by Blogger Damien Sullivan
6/21/2008 3:48 PM   
Aiiee! I'd have wanted one of the other three stories translated -- Touei's been done, and canis_m started the Ryuu one. I guess the anime handled two others, leaving one story I think I know nothing about.

Anyway: wikipedia has Naze/Glory/Ever king references now. I remember you disagreed, but google can't find it for me to use as a reference.
# posted by Blogger Eugene
6/22/2008 8:05 AM   
I have a snarky note about "Naze" here (item 2.1). The next story is about Gekkei and the Kingdom of Hou.